Monday 9 May 2011

The Colonel is going scratch-terrain fishing and requests your help

Readers, sometimes, do not realise that this is partly a metablog, where I track other blogs, which I think are relevant, interesting and/or useful. I do visit other locations, but not as frequently.

In this new series of fishing expeditions, I am going to visit as many WWW locations, as I can, identifying (in particular) scratch-built terrain and scenery projects, which fit into the spirit of this blog.

I will start with the Tommygun does what with paper? project at Warseer ...




... and the recently-posted Bugbaits random 40k terrain thread at Terragenesis and Apocalypse 40k Terrain at Warseer ...


If you have any recommendations, drop me a comment and I will trot over to your suggestion(s).

Many thanks ...

The Colonel

7 comments:

  1. That is some snazzy work done with paper. The wife is a scrapbooker and has a ton of it to play with so I may have to steal some from her and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi E,

    Excellent

    Show us what you got :)

    CS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi E,

    Good luck and let us see what you get :)

    CS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great papercraft work. Perhaps you could look into some commercial models that could be easily adapted, or simplified and replicated? I distinctly remember there was a Polish company that made a 1:48 aircraft bunker that would be a great centerpiece for a gaming table, doubly so if ruined. Ah, there it is: http://www.gpm.pl/eng/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=3214 - maybe you'll find the photos useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi M,

    TY for the heads-up.

    I will get on it when I become operational, again.

    CS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like I was pretty blind - I've posted a World War II style hangar, and I was thinking about a modern, well, Cold War more like, concealed aircraft bunker, namely, this one: http://www.gpm.pl/eng/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=3216. The original uses laser cut parts, but I think it would be possible to do the same with carefully cut paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree with you Marcin, TY
    CS

    ReplyDelete