Wednesday 9 February 2011

It's that stuff again ... 2-part moulds this time

Review: Instant Mold

Added, following a comment ...

See my Mould label for some other links.

I have done some tests on 'Friendly Plastic' (FP)(Google and Ebay), and along with all the reviews on IM, thus far, I now believe them to be identical in use, even if the IM *may* solidify a little slower. However, price difference is marked.

FP, IM and Oyumaru are all, essentially, the same, as far as I can tell, at this time.

You drop them in hot water and then press them onto the object (the warmer the object, the better, for slower setting, but it can be RT).

See here too. I will be reporting my results, soon.

2 comments:

  1. I´ve seen this stuff reviewed elsewhere but how it works...wether it´s any good and how much it costs wasn´t reported. Can it be used for cold molding or hot or both??
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,

    See my 'Moulds' label for some other links.

    I have done some tests on 'Friendly Plastic' (FP)(Google and Ebay), and along with all the reviews on IM, thus far, I now believe them to be identical in use, even if the IM *may* solidify a little slower. However, price difference is marked.

    IM is on CMON with their USA price ($15).

    FP, IM and Oyumaru are all, essentially, the same, as far as I can tell, at this time ...

    http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2011/01/30/43296

    You drop them in hot water and then press them onto the object (the warmer the object, the better, for slower setting, but it can be RT).

    See here, too ...

    http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?6041-Instant-Mold

    I will be reporting my results, soon.

    CS

    ReplyDelete